Skip to content

Contact us

Before you contact your local council please consider if the issue is one of obstruction or dangerous parking.

Obstruction or dangerous parking

If the issue is one of obstruction or dangerous parking and there are no parking restrictions in place (commonly denoted by lines and signs) please contact the police.

The police retain responsibility for all offences which are not civil offences and where penalty points are awarded against a motorist.

All moving traffic offences, such as contravening a one-way system or access only restriction, are also the responsibility of the police.

Read more on the Derbyshire Police website or telephone: 101.

On street parking enforcement

For enquiries relating to on street parking enforcement in:

  • Countryside parks
  • Peak District National Park (within Derbyshire)
  • North East Derbyshire
  • South Derbyshire

Contact Derbyshire County Council, email: or telephone: 01629 533190.

General enquiries

Enquiries of a general nature (other than enforcement) should be directed to the relevant local council:

For all other boroughs and districts please contact:

Local authorities have no involvement in the enforcement of:

  • privately owned car parks
  • charitable trust car parks
  • sites operated by other agencies (such as Severn Trent Water).

Contact Park Smarter

If you have any questions about civil parking enforcement please contact us

CEO officers

CEO Officer

Get to know who you are dealing with...

Recognise your Civil Enforcement Officers when you are out and about in Derbyshire...

CPE partnership

Map of Derbyshire

The Derbyshire County Civil Parking initiative is lead by the partnership of the 8 district councils and Derbyshire County Council...
learn more about the partnership